Sign up online or at your favorite library branch!
It's easy to keep track of the minutes online then, as you reach the goals, visit the branch to receive your prizes. You can also earn virtual badges by reading and attending library events.
Just for signing up: choose a sticker or a tattoo.
150 minutes: choose a prize from the Treasure Chest!
300 minutes: Reading is Your Superpower! Come in to have your photo taken and hung in the library.
500 minutes: Choose a prize from the Treasure Chest!
750 minutes: Choose a prize from the Treasure Chest!
1000 minutes: All of that reading must have made you thirsty! Come in and pick up your one of a kind water bottle.
2000 minutes: Have we got a book for you! Choose a book from our selections
3000 minutes: Choose a prize from the Treasure Chest!
4000 minutes: Choose a prize from the Treasure Chest!
5000 minutes: Wow that's a lot of reading! Congratulations on reading 5,000 minutes this summer. Visit your nearest library to pick up your final prize—another free book! Enjoy the rest of your summer, keep visiting the library, and never stop reading!
Special thanks to the Friends of the Library for the prizes!
What's this about badges?
This year for the first time, children can earn electronic badges as part of summer reading. Badges can be earned for a variety of accomplishments, from reaching reading minute goals to special event attendance. You can learn more about why we're incorporating badges here.
Are you in 4th or 5th Grade?
You could win 2 free movie passes! Log your minutes, and every 2 weeks, each branch will have a drawing and contact the winners!
Free Lance-Star Activities
Look for the Every Hero Has a Story ad in Sunday’s paper from June 28 - August 16. Complete four activities and bring them in for a prize!
1. Sign up online here: Babies-Grade 3 and Grades 4-5
2. Click “Register Now.”
3. Complete the form and choose your avatar! Be sure to note your username and password! Passwords must be 7 characters and include at least one letter and one number.
4. Visit your nearest library branch to choose a sticker or tattoo just for signing up!
Parents, would you like to create just one username and password for your entire family? Register yourself first!
1. Click on the 18 and up tab
2. Click “Register Now.”
3. You must register yourself first so input your age. Complete the form for yourself. Be sure to note your username and password! Passwords must be 7 characters and include at least one letter and one number.
4. Click "Continue" to add a famiily member
5. Complete the form and choose an avatar! You will be asked to create a new username. Unless your child will be logging on independently, you only have to use it this once. You can use the same password every time.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for your entire family.
7. Visit your nearest library branch for a sign-up prize for you and every family member.
Record your minutes and earn more prizes!
For individual accounts
1. Sign into your account.
2. Click on “View Log” (if more than one family member is on this account, select the correct person from the drop-down menu above.)
3. Every time your child reads, enter the number of minutes for each title—even if they haven’t finished it yet! For example, they probably won’t finish a chapter book in one sitting, but you should still record that day’s minutes.
4. Click on “Save.”
For family accounts