- Michele Brown
Medical science tells us that some diseases, conditions, and problems can be prevented or reduced with a healthy diet. Lindsay Pugliese, MS, RD, LDN, the in-store Nutritionist at the Harrison Crossing Giant, will help you stay healthy this winter by giving an informative and engaging class on good eating.
Lindsay will visit Salem Church Branch on Saturday, February 10, 2:00-3:00, for Love Your Heart. She’s going for the Valentine’s Day tie-in here, but she’ll be giving you options beyond that traditional box of candy! Healthy food choices and an active lifestyle can have a big impact on your heart’s health. This presentation will teach you a few steps to put you on your way to a healthier heart.
If you want to get a head start on healthy eating, you can check out a few library books:
- Eat to Live Quick & Easy Cookbook: 131 Delicious, Nutrient-rich Recipes for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Reversing Disease, and Lifelong Health by Joel Fuhrman
- Food Can Fix It: The Superfood Switch to Fight Fat, Defy Aging, and Eat Your Way Healthy by Mehmet Oz
- Good Housekeeping Good Food for a Healthy Heart: Low Calorie, Lowfat, Low Sodium, Low Cholesterol
- Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook by the American Heart Association
- Naturally Nourished: Healthy, Delicious Meals Made with Everyday Ingredients by Sarah Britton
- Whole New You: How Real Food Transforms Your Life, for a Healthier, More Gorgeous You by Tia Mowry