1201 Caroline Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Fax: 540-899-9867 (public fax)
- Monday 9 - 9
- Tuesday 9 - 9
- Wednesday 9 - 9
- Thursday 9 - 9
- Friday 9 - 5:30
- Saturday 9 - 5:30
- Sunday 1 - 5:30
Branch Manager: Sydney Simpson, 540-372-1144, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Central Rappahannock Regional Library Headquarters is located in historic downtown Fredericksburg, Virginia, and serves as the Headquarters library as well as the administrative offices for the library system.
Computers and Internet : All branches have public-access computers and wireless Internet access.
MakerLab: STEM exploration space for all ages to enjoy hands-on learning with a wide variety of high and low-tech equipment and activities.
Meeting Rooms: 165-seat theater, two 25-seat rooms. Ask about a meeting room.
Exhibits: Three display cases and picture rail in Atrium and theater; Atrium features monthly exhibits of local artists.
Notary Services: On duty during most branch hours, but call ahead to be certain authorized staff is available.
Parking: On-street and in 30-space lot behind building at corner of Sophia and Lewis Streets
Accessibility Features: 2 handicapped parking spaces in back parking lot, handicapped drop-off location at front and back of building, drive-up book drop, wheelchair accessible button to open doors at each atrium entrance, ground level entrance to theatre and two for atrium, elevator provides access to all floors, accessible restrooms, Kurzweil Reading Edge machine available in Assistive Services.
Transportation: The Fred Express and Orange Line buses stop on Caroline Street directly in front of the building. See maps and schedules at www.ridefred.com.
Law Resources: The Law Collection in the Central Rappahannock Library Headquarters provides print and online resources for the lay person and law practitioner.
Special Rooms: The Virginiana Room houses the library's special non-circulating collection of books, magazines, maps, and other materials dealing with local and state history, and genealogy.
Directions & Map
- Exit I-95 at Exit 130A (to Route 3 east, downtown Fredericksburg)
- Follow Route 3 east 1.6 miles until you see a sign for Route 3 east business at the intersection of Route 3 and William Street.
- Turn left onto William Street.
- Follow William Street about 1.3 miles. You will pass the University of Mary Washington and a cemetery (both on your left) as you head towards downtown.
- Once downtown, turn left onto Caroline Street (1-way street).
- Follow Caroline about 2 blocks and you will see the Central Rappahannock Regional Library on your right. You can turn right on Lewis just before the library to reach the parking lot in the back.