The Abraham and William Cooper Memorial Branch
The Abraham and William Cooper Memorial Branch is a 4,720 square-foot building renovated for the library in 2000 in Westmoreland County.
Computers and Internet: All branches have public-access computers and wireless Internet access.
Meeting Rooms: 30-seat. Ask about a meeting room.
Exhibits: Public art is displayed in the meeting room corridor.
Notary Services: On duty during most branch hours, but call ahead to be certain authorized staff is available.
Parking: 35 on-street parking spaces around building
Accessibility Features: 1 handicapped parking space, wheelchair accessible book drop in front of building, ground-level entrance, no interior stairs, accessible restrooms, Video Eye magnifier and magnifying glass with light available
Transportation: 8:00 a.m. Round Town pick up to end at 1:00 p.m. Please call Town Hall at (804) 224-7181 or Transit at (804) 224-0715 to confirm. Westmoreland County Public Transportation Service; curb to curb service for a $1 on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday between 8 and 4. Call 1-877-869-6046 to schedule a ride.
Directions & Map
- From the Fredericksburg area, head east on Rt.3.
- After you drive through King George, turn left onto Rt. 205.
- Staying on Rt. 205, cross Rt. 301 and proceed about 11 miles into Colonial Beach.
- At the stoplight, turn left onto Colonial Ave. (205Y)
- Turn right onto Washington Ave.
- The library is four blocks on the right at 20 Washington Ave.