The CRRL region includes Stafford, Spotsylvania and Westmoreland counties and the city of Fredericksburg. These localities supply a portion of their tax money to support the CRRL, and anyone who resides, owns property, or is a student or a teacher within the region may obtain a library card free of charge. CRRL also has reciprocal agreements with the counties of Caroline, Culpeper, Fauquier, Orange, and Prince William that allow those residents to obtain free cards by showing a card from their library. All others must pay an annual family fee of thirty dollars. Senior citizens (62+) pay fifteen dollars.
Your library card is good at all of the CRRL branches. A CRRL library card allows you to:
- check out print, audio, and video materials
- access our online databases through our website
- reserve a public access computer at our branches
- check out at any branch and return to any other branch
- check out videos and DVDs for one week and all other items for two weeks
- renew in person, by telephone or online unless reserve requests have been recorded for those items
Overdue fines accrue daily with the maximum overdue fine per library card of ten dollars. Books and compact discs are ten cents per day, with a maximum fine of two dollars per item. DVD fines are one dollar per day, with a maximum five dollar fine per video. If you want to become a CRRL library card holder, please fill out this application.